Knowledge Transfer activities undertaken
by Prof PARK Albert
by Prof PARK Albert
- Citation from Voice of America webpage “中國勞動力短缺所造成的影響” (19 October 2011)
- Authored editorial in New York Times titled “Don't' underestimate China's growth” in "Room for Debate" discussion on “China’s scary housing bubble”, April 15, 2011.
- Interviewed for Freakonomics Radio podcast on “Smarter Kids at 10 Bucks a Pop” discussing an evaluation of a randomized trial that provided free eyeglasses to primary school students in China (listen or read transcript), April 6, 2011. Shorter version featured on NPR’s Marketplace (listen or read transcript).
- See a video of presentation on “China’s Labor Market: Prospects and Challenges” at USC US-China Institute’s Conference on The State of the Chinese Economy, February 15, 2011.
- Featured interview in Xinhua News article “Graduate jobs, rising wages forecast in China’s changes”, appeared in People’s Daily, China Daily, and Bloomberg Businessweek, November 10, 2010.
- Authored editorial in New York Times titled “Waiting it out” for “Room for Debate” discussion on “Educated and fearing the future in China,” March 7, 2010.
- Quoted in Xinhua News article “New rural pension plan brings hope to aging Chinese farmers,” August 30, 2009.
- Quoted in Xinhua News article “Experts call for greater support for China’s elderly,” August 1, 2009.
- Interviewed by British Satellite News, May 18, 2009 (on China and the economic downturn).
- Authored editorial in China Daily on “Still much to be done on fight against poverty “, April 8, 2009.
- Quoted in China Daily article “Crisis an opportunity for China: Oxford scholars,” March 30, 2009.
- Study cited in The Economist, November 27, 2008 (on Chinese unemployment).
- Interviewed by BBC radio for Analysis: Dollars and Dominance, October 23, 2008 (on China's role in international financial system).
- Interviewed on Bloomberg TV, August 8, 2008 (on Beijing Olympics).
- Study cited in John Garnaut’s article on “Employment for the Masses in China,” Sydney Morning Herald , May 5, 2008,