Knowledge Transfer activities undertaken
by Prof DING Xueliang
by Prof DING Xueliang
Media Exposure/ Community Involvement:
- Special Columnist, The Financial Times Online Chinese Edition, FTChinese.com, 2008-09, 2009-10
- Interviewed by International Media outlets including The BBC (UK), VOA (USA), The National (United Arab Emirates); The Associated Press (USA), Reuters (UK), ABC (Australia), LA Times (USA), National Public Radio (USA), Deutsche Welle (Germany), Dagbladet Information (Denmark), The Yomiuri Shimbun (Japan), DNA (Daily News & Analysis, India) from time to time.
- There are some 44,000 items under DING Xueliang in late 2011 (Google. search).
- Interviewed by major National Media outlets of the PRC including The Southern Weekend (Guangzhou), Southern Metropolitan Daily (Guangzhou), Xinhua News Agency (Beijing), Xinmin Weekly (Shanghai), Wenhui Daily (Shanghai), The Economic Observer (Beijing), Chinese News Agency (Beijing), CCTV (Beijing), Caixin Magazine (Beijing-Guangzhou), The Times Weekly (Guangzhou) etc.
- Interviewed by HK and Taiwan Media outlets including RTHK (HK), HK Economic Journal, United Daily News, and Central News Daily etc.
- Speak at the major news media annual conferences and public policy forums such as The Sohu New Year Conference (Beijing), The Caijing New Year Conference (Beijing), The Guangdong Development Forum, The Southwest China – Southeast Asia conference (Kunming), The Shenzhen Citizens’ Cultural Forum, The Asia – Euro International Forum (Xi-an) etc.
- Blogs/ MicroBlogs and Special Columns initiated by almost all major Internet companies plus several websites in China under Prof Ding’s name (Prof Ding himself only occasionally input his commentary pieces to a few of them, and the Internet companies have arranged staffers to run them by injecting his interviews/ public lectures/ published essays): Sina.com, Tencent.com (t.qq.com), Sohu.com, NetEase.com (163.com), Hexun.com, iFen.com, Tianya.cn, 9.douban.com, Chinavalue.net, Chinareform.net, Cssm.gov.cn (Chinese Society for Strategic and Management Studies), Justing.com.cn, China-review.com, China.network.experts (China.com.cn), exianlin.com, NanfangWeibo (t.oeeee.com), wenku.Baidu.com, Chinaelections.org, HKreporter.com, etc.
- The highest hit number of near 18 million was recorded under Prof Ding’s name (Baidu. search) during the Beijing 2008 Olympics period when the Chinese web censorship was relaxed. In late 2011 the hit number is about 720,000 under Prof Ding’s name.
- Set up a small education charity program at the Xuancheng High School, Anhui province (one of the poorest Chinese provinces) to enrich the library and help a few disadvantaged students, 2006 – present.
- Counsellor, Chongqing Association for International Exchange, China, 2008-13
- Adviser, Yunnan Information Daily Group, Kunming, China, 2008-
- Adviser, Beijing Aisixiang online Civic Education Network, 2008-
- Council Member, Yunnan Center for International & Cultural Exchange, China, 2004-08
- Adviser on Sustainable Development, Pu Jiang County Government, Sichuan, China, 2005-08
- Adviser, China-Laos-Thailand Economic Corridor Project, Yunnan, China, 2001-03
- Consultant, a special two-year program on US-China relations, The U.S. Information Agency, 1995-97
- Senior Adviser, Harbin Institute for Property Rights Change, China, 1995-98