Raymond Sin-kwok WONG 黃善國PhD University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1989
After receiving his doctoral degree in Sociology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1989, Dr. Raymond Sin-Kwok Wong has been teaching at the University of California-Santa Barbara before he returned to Hong Kong in 2008 and served as the Head of the Division of Social Science between 2008 and 2011. His research interests include social stratification and mobility, comparative sociology, economic sociology, sociology of education, and quantitative methods. He has published one book (Association Models, 2010), one edited volume (Chinese Entrepreneurship in a Global Era, 2008), and a number of journal articles.
- Social inequality and stratification
- Sociology of Education
- Comparative Sociology
- Quantitative Methodology
- Survey Methodology
- Economic Sociology
- 2008. “A New Breed of Chinese Entrepreneurs? Critical Reflections.” Pp. 3-22 in Chinese Entrepreneurship in a Global Era, edited by Raymond Sin-Kwok Wong. London: Routledge.
- 2008. “Contemporary Changes of Chinese Entrepreneurship in Hong Kong.” Pp. 59-80 in Chinese Entrepreneurship in a Global Era, edited by Raymond Sin-Kwok Wong. London: Routledge.
- 2008. “The Spirit of Chinese Entrepreneurship: Management Practices Among Hong Kong Business Owners.” Pp. 177-200 in Chinese Entrepreneurship in a Global Era, edited by Raymond Sin-Kwok Wong. London: Routledge.
- 2003. “To See or Not To See: Another Look at Research on Temporal Trends and Cross-National Differences in Educational Homogamy.” Taiwanese Journal of Sociology 31:47-91.
- 2003. “Egalitarianism Versus Social Reproduction: Changes in Educational Stratification in Five Eastern European Countries.” Research in Sociology of Education. Vol. 14. Edited by Bruce Fuller and Emily Hannum. London: Elsevier Science.
- 2003. “Chinese Business Firms and Business Entrepreneurs in Hong Kong.” Pp. 34-65 in Deessentializing Capitalism: Chinese Enterprise, Transnationalism, and Identity, edited by Edmund Terence Gomez and Hsin-Huang Michael Hsiao. London: Routledge Curzon.
- 2002. “Occupational Attainment in Eastern Europe Under Socialism.” Research in Social Stratification and Mobility, Vol 19: 189-228. Edited by Kevin T. Leicht. London: Elsevier Science.
- 2001. “Multidimensional Association Models: A Multilinear Approach.” Sociological Methods & Research 30:197-240.
- 1998. “Multidimensional Influences of Family Environment in Education: The Case of Socialist Czechoslovakia.” Sociology of Education 71:1-22.
- 1995. “Extensions in the Use of Log-Multiplicative Scaled Association Models in Multiway Contingency Tables.” Sociological Methods & Research 23:507-538.
Forthcoming / Work In Progress
- Association Models. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- “Constructing an Indigenous Socioeconomic Scale of Occupation in Hong Kong: Issues and Comparisons” (with Wu Xiaogang).
- “Labor Markets, Occupations, and Income Inequality in Hong Kong, 1991-2001.” (with Wu Xiaogang).
- “From Political Apathy to Political Activism? Changes in Political Attitudes and Participation in Post-Colonial Hong Kong” (with Alfred Hu).
- SOSC 288: Social Inequality and Social Mobility
- SOSC 570: Categorical Data Analysis
- SOSC 602M: Structural Equation Modeling
- SSMA 502: Social Science Research Practicum